ATN ARES 6 - 3
SHIPPING INCLUDED. This item is drop shipped from ATN. Allow 14 days for delivery.
This is the high resolution 64 lines per mm, 3 generation, 6 power version of the ARES Night Vision Rifle Scope. This scope works at night as well as at dusk and dawn with the light filtering lens cap on.
It has the ability to intensify low levels of light without the illuminator in contrast to the day / night weapon scopes which require a light at such low light levels.
It weights 3.8 lbs.
It comes with an near IR illuminator.
It is rugged and provides very good observation, target acquisition and aiming capabilities for the operator.
ATN's 3rd generation.
By adding a sensitive chemical, gallium arsenide to the photocathode a brighter and sharper image has been achieved over 2nd generation units. An ion barrier film was also added to increase tube life. 3rd Gen. provides the user with good to excellent low light performance.
ATN's 3rd generation image intensifier tubes are of the highest quality. They have a micro channel plate, GaAs photocathode, and a completely self-contained integral high-voltage power supply. These 3rd Generation tubes provide a combined increase in resolution, signal to noise and photosensitivity over tubes with a multi-alkali photocathode. Generation 3 is the standard for the USA military.
- Light and compact design.
- The scope uses 1 AA type battery.
- 6 power magnification.
- Turret reticle increments are 1/6 MOA ( 1/6 inch at 100 yards ).
- One knob turns the red reticle and the green screen on and adjusts the brightness of the reticle.
- The scope has a picatinny rail for the illuminator.
- Mounts to standard weaver and picatinny rails.
- The illuminator mounts on weaver and picatinny rails. It uses a CR123A type battery. It has on off buttons that also adjust its brightness and it remembers your brightness setting. The light beam is focusable and its direction is set able with adjustment screws and the included allen wrench.
|Total Darkness IR System||Yes|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||22 Typical|
|Figure of Merit||1600 Typica|
|MTTF - Mean Time Before Failure||10,000 hours|
|Proshield Lens Coating||Yes|
|Range of Focus||10 yd/m to infinity|
|Diopter Adjustment||-4 to +6|
|Automatic Brightness Control||Yes|
|Bright Light Cut-off||Yes|
|Low Battery Indicator||Yes|
|Power Supply||1 x 1.5 V AA type battery|
|Battery Life||30 hrs|
|Operating Temperature||-40°F to +122°F
-40°C to +50°C
|Storage Temperature||-58°F to +158°F
-50 to +70 °C
|Dimensions||11.5" x 3.75" x 3.6"
288 x 94 x 90 mm
|Weight||3.3 lbs /1.5 kg|
- 1.5 volt AA battery
- Olive drab soft carrying case
- IR450-B4 Near infra red illuminator.
- Warranty card.
- Lens cloth.
- Instruction manual.